When a woman steps up and thrives, she also takes her peers along. Kami Guildner is the epitome of the above statement.
A connector, a storyteller, and a business coach for changemaker women of influence, Kami believes that women’s voices matter. She leads high-vibe entrepreneurs to give voice to their most important messages and create a ripple effect of worldly impact.
Kami is the Founder of the Extraordinary Women Ignite Conference, Extraordinary Women Connect events, and Extraordinary Women Radio™—a podcast featuring wildly successful women who are making an impact on the world. She is also the author of Firedancer: Your Spiral Journey to a Life of Passion and Purpose. She was named to the 2020 Twenty-Five Most Powerful Women in Business List by the Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce.
Kami is on a mission to uplift and empower one million women into their passions and purpose so that they live into their full potential and leave a legacy that matters.
At CIO Look, we got into conversation with Kami to know more about her entrepreneurial journey and how she is impacting women everywhere.
Below are the excerpts from the interview:
Brief our audience about your journey as a business leader. What challenges you had to overcome to reach where you are today?
I left the corporate world after a 20-year marketing exec journey that took me around the world. I always say two gifts took me away from the corporate world. First, I got laid off, and second, I got laid off in 2008, when there were no other VP Marketing roles readily available. I had to take time to slow down and reconnect to myself. My father passed away one month after I was laid off, and as I reflected on the life values he taught me, I embarked upon a 17-month reflective journey of reconnecting to myself and discovering that I had a different purpose beyond being a corporate exec. It was not an easy journey … I had significant self-perceptions and fears to break through… Then, on one particular day, when it all felt like my life was falling apart, the simple breath of my horse helped me find the clarity and courage to start my own business. From that moment, I never looked back. I knew there was a different journey ahead for me.
Enlighten us on how you have made an impact in the coaching niche through your expertise in the market?
I weave soulful inspiration into mindful business strategies, helping my clients succeed in business. With decades of leadership, marketing, strategic planning, and business growth expertise, I guide my clients to master their marketing, money, and mindset. My soulful spirit leads my clients to unleash their magical manifestation powers of manifestation and to live out loud, fueled with vitality and courage.
My clients have raised up their voices, their visibility, and their businesses. They have landed on TedX stages, been named to Most Powerful Women in Business lists, grown their bottom line exponentially, and carried on the vision of my ripple effect aspirations.
Describe in detail the values and the work culture that drives your organization.
- Making a difference
- Community and Collaboration
- Abundant Mindset
- Connection to Nature
- Delight in Life
- Passion & Purpose
What, according to you, could be the next big change in Coaching industry? How is your company preparing to be a part of that change?
The way we market coaching businesses has to shift. Instead of using the old antiquated formulas of speaking to your clients’ pains, fears, and scarcity mindset, speak to your clients’ desires and aspirations. Speak to their love language, not their pain language. There was a time in my business that I followed a lot of the formulas and shiny stars out there – teaching the pain-based conversations. I got caught into the shiny claims of success and switched my business over to this approach several years ago, and with that came a drop in business. I also sounded like all the other mundane coaches out there following the same formulas. When I switched my marketing back to speaking to my clients desires and all that was possible, my business grew exponentially. I love helping my clients expand what they think is possible in their business, and speak their own clients’ love language. So much more powerful – and together we’re raising up the energetic vibration of our world to a much higher frequency, instead of playing to uncertainty, fears and doubts.
Where do you envision yourself to be in the long run and what are your future goals for Kami Guildner Coaching?
Continue to build a ripple effect of impact! I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing, reaching more people in my goal to impact a million women! I am completely aligned with this mission and calling!
What would be your advice to budding entrepreneurs who aspire to venture into the Coaching sector?
- Build a brand that is uniquely yours. This means building your brand from the inside out from your very essence: your strengths, passions and values. Your life experiences have guided you to this point in your life, and if you build a brand that weaves together all the best parts of you, no one can serve exactly like you. This eliminates competition – because no one is exactly like you! It also opens the door to more collaboration – as you bring your best gifts forward and they bring their best gifts forward – your impact is multiplied. No longer does one plus one equal two; one plus one equals much grander combined strength.
- Your energetic presence is your secret sauce. We can have all the right branding and marketing in place, the right packaging and pricing and be showing up on stages and more – and if we’re not resonating in high vibe energy – your business can get stuck. To attract your ideal clients into your business, your inner fire needs to be burning bright and strong. I call how we resonate our #RFactor™. There are four elements to #RFactor:
- Mindset – meditation, awareness, filling our minds with good content
- Body – nourishment, movement, energetic self care
- Spirit – however you spirit – playing in your inner wisdom and purpose
- Community – choosing community that uplifts and empowers you
If you spend time on each of these elements every day, you will #raiseup your #RFactor – you will show up in high vibration mode.
- Create Community and Collaboration with influence. Relationships are the heart of every business. Seek out win:win partnerships with others and create spaces where you can bring together the many people you know and meet in your business dealings. There is magic in the powerful introductions you can make. Nurture relationships.