At present, cyber security is playing a vital role in the digital world and it is also known as a standard technology use for the protection of cyber environment of an individual or any organization. It is mainly known for security culture which includes user network, drives, software process, information storage, application security and system support which is directly or indirectly connected to the network. The prime objective of cyber security is to reduce continuously growing cyber risks and cyber threats.
Cyber security technology consists of a collection of tools, policies, security concepts, risk management, actions, and training. The technology tracks protected networks, data security from data attack, along with cyber security and physical security. The core functionality of cyber-security is based on techniques involved protecting information and system from cyber threats.
How Cyber Security came into Existence?
As with the history, cyber security has huge network background with its own findings and technology aspects. In the early 1990s, a research on information security and policy was been introduced where information was in the form of accuracy and based on system awareness. Under 2016 survey, 70% of the organizations in the US were adopted by US Security survey which is comprised of NIFT (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Cyber-security framework.
Origins of Cyber Security Platform
Cyber security is defined as a package of safety solutions which provides major security processes. There are many sectors which are consuming cyber security platform as its major functionality for web service network. The fundamentals of cyber security process are,
- Application Security
- Information Security
- Network Security
- Operational Security1. Application security is covered with technology that measures the feasibility of the application by finding, fixing and preventing security exposers. There are different techniques which are being used as security platform to emphasize safety at different stages of the application cycle. Application cycle includes different segments such as design, development, deployment, upgrade, and maintenance. The standard of security process is consequently changing and application cycle has also a different process with different standardization.
Techniques used in application security are mainly focused on its exposer of the application security. Whitebox security is used for reviewing the source code and noticing security flaws of the application through manual functionality. Blackbox security audit is used for testing security functions where source code is not needed.
Design review is used as an application of threat model, and works before the code is written. And Tooling is the technique which includes automated tools that test security flaws with higher positive rate.
- Information security is a core source of information which is confidential, integrated and easily available. The primary focus of this security process is to the stable data protection while maintaining a focus on efficient policy application. Risk management process is achieved by identifying assets, threat sources, and vulnerabilities and is also followed by the effectiveness of the risk management plan. Information security mainly works on confidential information which is highly entitled to the process.
- Network security sets a variety of computer networks, used in both public and private sector. It also includes conducting transactions and build communications among businesses, government agencies, and individuals. All networks are divided into two sections, private network and public network.
Private networking is used within the company and public network access relates to the open source network. This security culture is highly involved in most of the companies, enterprises, and other types of institutions. It is mainly used for protecting and overseeing the operations. The network resource is relatively protected by assigning a unique name and a corresponding password. The process is concerned with authentication of username and password which implements its security concept.
- Operational security is a process that identifies information which is critical and easy to determine by competitor intelligence. It protects individual piece of data that could be grouped together to give a proper set of information. It includes critical information essential for military commanders, senior leaders, and higher management. The whole process also includes technical and non-technical measures such as, use of email encryption software, taking precautions against spying data and securing confidential information not to be shared on social media platform.
Operational security is a five-step process which assists any organization to specify required information,
- Identification of critical information
- Analysis of threats
- Analysis of Vulnerabilities
- Assessment of Risk.
Securing Organization Processes
Cyber security process plays a crucial role to impact information security of the organization. It also explores the “Relationship between Organization Culture and Information Security Culture” and contributes into the organization’s protection as well as maintains all kind of information. Security process is a never-ending process in which information is used as a resource tool to manage statistics security culture.
The security process served five-step processes including pre-evaluation, strategic planning, operative planning, and implementation. The pre-evaluation process identifies the awareness of information security within employees in the organization. Strategic Planning offers healthier awareness program where target gets sets according to the grouping of people. Operative Planning provides good security process which can be established based on internal communication, security awareness, and a training program. Implementation is four stage process used as security process to implement information. The process is used for management, communication with organizational members, and current employees.
Enhancing Future with Cyber Security
Cyber security is aggressively contributing to the IT field concerned with reducing organization’s risk and data break. According to research in 2016, 46% of organizations carry “problematic shortage” of cyber security, and is increased by 28% compared to 2015. Also, government, commercial and non-governmental organizations use cyber security for better and secure platform.
The demand for cyber security is increasing rapidly as professional security worker in all industries are managing the volume of consumer data of finance, healthcare, and retail. However, the use of the term “cyber security” is more popular in all industrial areas that will help organizations with security process culture.
Cyber security is equally important for local, state, and central government as these organizations maintains a huge amount of confidential data and records concerning the country and its citizens. Yet there are many government and commercial organizations that face difficulties in protecting the confidential data due to lack of inadequate secured infrastructure, and lack of security awareness.
Read more related blogs